Tuesday 18 January 2011

Personal gaming history

I think my first ever game i remember playing was either oddworld or Tomb raider on the Playstation 1. My family decided to get one for Christmas so the family could have two TV and do two different things at the same time instead of the constant moaning of what to watch on TV. It was create having a Playstation 1, for the first time in my life I could feel connected to something that wasn’t really or in my head it was just these virtual polygon worlds that pulled you in. All I can really remember about playing Oddworld was the silly little farts Abe use to do and how a lot of the levels end up with Abe running for his life I really did love that game. With tomb raider what got me addicted was being able to play as this adventurous woman who could kick ass and shot stuff. As a kid growing up there was a lot of enjoyment to playing Tomb Raider, but a lot of the time it ended with frustration of having  Lara croft fall to her death many many times. Which lead to me never completing the game.
I had many other games on the Playstation 1 like final fantasy 7, spider, and croc. Eventually thought i ended up getting a Playstation 2 as I enjoyed the first console so much. One of the first games I had for that was Ratchet and clank. I really did love the story of the first game. I think the characters of a robot being friends with this mechanic that’s a creature (?) really did sell this game for me. It’s a shame the rest of them seems to be the same. It’s the same with the Tony Hawk’s series after awhile I got bored with it because they are all the same basically.  Even though the Xbox and Game cube was out at the same time as the Playstation 2, I had played all the Consoles but never really felt bonded to them as much as I did with my Playstation consoles.  Maybe it was me being arrogant and not giving them much of a chance, I don’t know.
The Playstation 3 is probably the main reason what made me want to do game art because the games I kept playing just kept inspiring me. Like:
Resistance fall of man
Motorstorm
Assassins Creed
Uncharted
Grand theft auto
Battlefield bad company
Socom
Resistance and Motorstorm was some of the first games that came out for the PS3 When I first played them they blew me away on graphics on what this generation of gaming is all about. The gameplay to these games were there but, the graphics to me is what sold it for me. 
With uncharted and Assassins creed it’s the story that has drove me in to these series and that fact that you could climb these buildings and seem these beautiful landscapes around these worlds. It really showed off to me these art sides to the games. 
Grand theft auto I played the first, London, 3, Vice city, and San Andreas and now number 4 but This game I think changed gaming history for a lot of games it created the Sandbox genre where you can explore these open worlds and to me I found that amazing being able to go where I want and how I want like being able to steal cars and planes and boats and stuff really did make me love this series. 
Socom Confrontation is the only game I’ve played of the series and it’s the most challenging game I’ve ever played. It’s an online only third person tactical shooter. Basically you have 8 rounds and only 1 life per round it and added a scene of protecting your like instead of running and gunning like most FPS games. I wouldn’t say it caused camping, it just made plays have and objective like save the hostages and you had to check each corner as a team and watch peoples back. It really did change my views of online gaming and team work.
Battlefield bad company is the only FPS I actually love to bits. The campaign isn’t too series it has its funny jokes and the main selling point to me on this game is you can blow stuff up.  I can’t stress enough on how fun it is on BFBC 1 and 2 how fun it is to see some player online behind a window or wall and being able to pick out a rocket launcher or something explosive and blowing the hell out of the wall and the player. There is such a good satisfaction about blowing stuff up to me that makes me love this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment